Sunday 2 June 2013

The unending downpour

It's the 2nd of June, 2013, Sunday.
5:44 P.M. to be precise.

God my last post was in October 2012. That's a long long time ago. My life has changed drastically ever since. Switched job yet again, moved into an apartment.........well let's not bore you with all the details as there's too much of it.

It's been raining like mad here in Bangalore. They say it's the heaviest downpour since years. Dunno 'bout that but it's really driving me bonkers. In the evening, if you're out, you'd definitely get caught in the rain and heaven knows when the traffic'd break and you'd finally reach home.


But on days like this, when you have nothing to do, nowhere to go, you could just lay back and enjoy every bit of the overcast day. It's already pitch dark outside. And the cool breeze has promised itself not to disappear even for a short while. I think today is the very first day I'm actually enjoying the monsoons this year.


One of my flatmates is obsessed with gardening and I realized that it's not at all an easy job. You really need to love plants to grow and maintain them. This was captured weeks ago. Right now there's not a single bud in the stem. Waiting for it to grow back again.


I've been feeling kind of nostalgic the whole day. Must be the rain. Or maybe it's 'cause last Sunday at this very moment I was surrounded by my good ol' friends while today I'm sitting all alone on my warm and cozy bed.

After college I was the only one to get separated from all of my closest friends since I had to move to the south for my job while the rest were lucky enough to be together in NCR. However, gradually everybody moved away. Nevertheless we'd find a reason or another to get back together and relive those amazing college days.



That's almost all of us from our trip last weekend to Lucknow for an alumni meet. From there we headed to Raebareli to visit our college. Believe me, even after two years, it was magic!
(Left to right: Divya, me, Mansi, Monica, Aarti, Harshi)

Oh oh and it's my dear friend Aarti's birthday today. Happy birthday soul roomie (A cute-stupid name we came up with back then. She was my roomate for 3 years in college and she survived me- ME!).

Well, when I started writing this post it was just mild drizzle outside. It's almost 8 P.M. now and a torrential downpour has started. Like I said, I don't mind you today, rain, but tomorrow you better behave yourself  as I have long day at work.

Happy Monsoon!

2 comments:

  1. Oh rain really does make you nostalgic.. !! Loved college so much :) In B'lore there's a downpour and in Delhi we are desperately waiting to have some..

    Great to see you write Su! Plus that picture of the flower... wow you have some talent there ! :)

    Swati @ The Creative Bent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swati. That was very encouraging :)
      And don't worry about the rain. They are on their way. Almost there ;)

      Delete